Microsoft has released Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14327 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Here’s what’s new in Build 14327 for Mobile
Try out the Messaging Everywhere Preview
You can now try out the preview of the “Messaging everywhere” feature in Windows 10 that allows you to send and receive text messages from your phone directly from your Windows 10 PC’s.
To enable this:
- Make sure you are signed in with your Microsoft Account (MSA).
- On your phone – make sure “Send texts on all my Windows devices” is turned on.
- On your PC – make sure you have chosen which phone to send messages through. You do this in the settings of the Messaging app on your PC (screenshot below).
NOTE: You may have noticed that Skype integration in the Messaging app in this build of Windows 10 Mobile has been removed. This is so Skype can streamline your experience, replacing the integration with the Skype UWP Preview app for mobile in an upcoming build. In the meantime, you can use the existing Skype for Windows Phone app available in the Windows Store.
Cortana in more languages
With this build, Microsoft has enabled Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil) and French (Canada) languages for Mobile (available previously in PC builds). If you’re running the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview in these languages – give Cortana a try and let us know what you think. For each new market and language, the Cortana Team works to develop a custom experience that is relevant in each individual market and language. These are early versions that we will continue improve based on your feedback and we look forward to hearing more from you.
Voice input is also now available for these languages. Set focus to a text field and tap the microphone above the keyboard to give it a try.
Here’s what’s fixed for Mobile
- fixed the issue causing Language and Speech packs to fail to download.
- fixed the issue where in some cases your phone’s screen may not turn on and become unresponsive and Windows Hello stops working if you used the power button to lock/unlock your phone quickly.
- fixed the issue where in some cases, users might get in a state where neither space or enter are working on the keyboard.
- fixed the issue causing Facebook Messenger and other apps like WeChat, Transfer My Data, and UC Browser from failing to launch from Start or All apps.
- fixed an issue where diverse emoji couldn’t be deleted from the text box in an interactive notification.
- have updated the autocorrection logic so that if you have a word that’s about to be autocorrected, tapping the word you just typed will now stop the autocorrection from happening.
- have updated the Glance screen so it will now reflect Ease of Access text scaling.
- fixed an issue where tethering over Bluetooth wouldn’t work if Bluetooth had never been turned on before.
- fixed an issue where you couldn’t set a sample image as a lock screen background.